Saturday 15 February 2014

Word Of The Week-Relieved

Last Thursday I met with my new head teacher at work to informally discuss my from maternity leave. I came away from the conversation with what I expected to hear but also something to ponder.
The following day I sent my formal request to return to work after making a quick decision. I received a response to acknowledge receipt of my email and then it was a waiting game.
Each day I checked my staff mail to see if a response had landed in my inbox. No joy until Wednesday afternoon, where there it was, the response I'd been waiting for. I felt sick with nerves as I clicked to open. But soon the nervous nausea faded when I read I would be able to return part time. I was happy I'd be able to spend part of the week with my son and utterly relieved that I didn't have to take matters further.


The Reading Residence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate comments and read all of them!