Thursday 20 February 2014

Curry Recipe

I have been meaning to write this post for ages as I took the photos weeks ago! I am rather partial to spicy food so I thought I'd share this curry recipe with you. I made it in a slow cooker but it can be cooked on the hob as well. It is a bit of a 'cheat' as I used a curry paste rather than using all the spices! You can use whatever meat and/or veg you fancy.


The Ingredients
Curry paste, I use Madras as I like spicy but you can use whichever paste suits your preference
1 Onion
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Teaspoon Ginger
1 Carton/tin Chopped Tomatoes
Creamed Coconut
Chicken (or other meat or veg)
Potatoes
Peas

Use whichever curry is you preference.

I cheated with the garlic and ginger on this occasion too! This was handy in the freezer.

First of all heat the pan before adding a couple of large spoonful's of curry paste and let it fry for about 5 minutes. This is my mums advice, so it doesn't have a 'raw' taste.
Then place the sachet of creamed coconut into a cup of very hot water to soften.
Next add the onion to. Once it has softened add the garlic and ginger to cook for a couple of minutes.
Once they had cooked I transferred over to the slow cooker, tipping in the contents of the pan and adding the chopped tomatoes and creamed coconut. Give it a good stir before adding your meat. About half an hour before serving I added the potatoes and peas.
Then cook for 2 hours on high or 4 hours+ on low. If you cook on the hob cover and simmer for a couple of hours. Serve with rice and/or naan bread.
I have since cooked this with stewing beef and pork mince, I browned the meat off first when using these before adding to the slow cooker.

Let me know if you try it out or link your curry recipes below, I'd love to get more ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate comments and read all of them!